27.5.10

RE: NEWSCAST CHANNEL 7N

COPY-EVENING NEWS REPORT 06-23-45

Good evening viewers. Our top story tonight, the deployment of a new weapons system by the Scorpion Traders Union was confirmed today as the latest Runic attack on Southern Sudan met with heavy Scorpion resistance. Although the Traders Union has refused to comment on the nature of the weapon, it appears to be some new form of optical camouflage. Satellite footage obtained of the event clearly shows a large contingent of Runic ground armor moving right through the middle of a Scorpion anti-armor contingent, yet moments later being completely caught off guard when the Scorpion contingent opened fire from what was in some cases a few feet away. The NAA military has unfortunately declined to comment on the event, however one of channel 7Ns own news crews was on the scene in southern Sudan and was able to interview a local man who claimed to have seen the system in action during a test several weeks ago. Thomas Macy made the following interview.

"So, you say that you saw this tank vanish with your own eyes?"

"Yes. It was maybe two months ago, and I told my family about it but I did not think too much about it. We try to just stay out of the armies way.

"How did you see the event then?"

"I believe it was some sort of uh...test of some kind. They had men who did not look like soldiers and cameras all around."

"How did you end up seeing it?"

"I was out walking, to clear wake myself up in the morning. They were performing this test, or whatever it was, in an old logging area that I like to walk through."

"Did they see you?"

"No. I did not want them to see me, so I was not seen."

"So what did this test, if that's what it was, look like?"

"It looked like the air was rippling around the tank, and then it faded from view. It was like a....what is the word, ah! Mirage. Yes, a mirage in the desert."

"So it wasn't actually there?"

"Well, yes and no. It was like it was not there, but that was the mirage, see? It was....the reverse of a mirage. It looked like it was not there, but I knew that it was."

"Well, how do you know that it wasn't a mirage."

"Because mirages don't shoot targets. When the tank came back, it was shooting at targets."

"When it came back?"

"Yes. There was a clear ripple when it fired and suddenly I could see the tank again. Like a blanket had been dropped."

"Thank you for your time."


We'll have more on these new developments in Sudan as they occur. I'm Sarah Denienls, and this is 7N News, with your news on the Internet.

No comments:

Post a Comment